At Little Venice Pilates and Physiotherapy in Chelsea, our philosophy of treating, nurturing and caring for the wellbeing, or ‘totality’ of a client, is core to our work. Massage plays an important role in this holistic approach, allowing us to complement Physiotherapy and Pilates work on a deep and vital level.
Our resident, highly skilled masseurs draw on a range of complementary disciplines to meet the needs of anyone requiring massage therapy in Chelsea and the surrounding districts.
Based on Swedish Massage techniques, this system promotes the body’s natural healing processes by breaking down lactic acid build-up and thereby stimulating blood flow. It also works on blockages in the lymphatic system to promote wellbeing, the relief of pain, and the regeneration of damaged muscle tissue. Your occupation, diet, quality of sleep and exercise habits are all taken into account in order to create an individual treatment, designed to promote the body’s natural healing process. Holistic Massage harmonises with Pilates to help you progress with structural alignment work whilst simultaneously creating a sense of increased wellbeing.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage
A gentle technique which works through the body’s fluid system to activate the circulation of the tissues and stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems. The result of these actions can include reductions in oedemas, detoxification of the body, and regeneration of tissue, as well as many other benefits. Manual Lymphatic Drainage employs light to medium-light touch, making it an ideal massage therapy for those who are very sensitive to touch or suffer from conditions such as ME. However, everyone can benefit from this system, as it plays a vital role in enhancing the health of the body’s natural immune system.
Massage complements our approach to recovery and fitness by:
- Maintaining and improving the condition of the body
- Prevention of future injury and loss of mobility
- Restoring mobility to injured muscle tissues
- Increasing muscle length to improve flexibility and posture
- Reducing pain and stiffness.
- Sports Massage and Deep Tissue Massage
Sports massage and deep tissue massage is concerned with injury prevention and the maintenance of function by stretching and manipulating muscle and connective tissue. Our sports massage therapists work closely with our physiotherapists in order to provide on-going support after soft tissue injury, whether acute or chronic. However, sports massage therapy is not only for athletes who use it for pre and post event treatment. Sports massage therapy is for anyone who is experiencing everyday levels of stress and strain. The benefits of sports massage are cumulative, as regular treatments allow you to train to your full potential and recover optimally. Our Chelsea Sports Massage therapists are also trained in myofascial release techniques which can instantly release tension in over-tight muscles.
Pre and Post Natal Massage
Massage helps relieve the physical discomfort and emotional stress which can accompany pregnancy and the arrival of a new baby. It relieves muscular tension and promotes relaxation, well-being, and good sleep patterns, and following the birth will promote muscular healing and spinal alignment.
- Alleviates muscular discomforts, such as cramping, tightening, stiffness, tension caused by softening joints, increasing weight of the baby, postural changes redirecting new amounts of tension to the neck, shoulders and lower back.
- Helps relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes in the body.
- Relieves normal discomforts in pregnancy – backaches, leg cramps, oedema, swollen ankles, and headache.
- Increases blood circulation for mother and baby, less fatigue for mother and more nutrients for the baby.
- Releases nervous tension, promoting better sleep patterns.
Massage is available by appointment. Please contact us to book either a 30 or 60 minute session.